Sunday, January 10, 2010

No Fan of Cold Weather

You couldn't ask for a prettier day. The sun is shining and I can tell from the sound of the wind chimes a nice breeze is blowing. Looks like a perfect day for a rousing game of outdoor Chase Me with Tico.

I'm here to tell you looks can be deceiving! From the comfort of my sun puddle it's easy to forget how cold it is outside. I know because I do it all the time. Let me tell you something...I am NOT a fan of cold.

I've learned to expect cold when it's dark out. As soon as Daddy opens the door I sprint for the grass. I take two steps off the concrete, squat, pee, spin, dump and run back to the door. It's that simple. We're back inside in three minutes or less.

Squatting in cold, wet grass is bad enough. Try squatting in tundra with gale force arctic winds blowing up your butt. Frankly, it's a lot to ask for just a "good girl" and a pat on the head from Daddy. If it wasn't for Santa Claus I wouldn't even try.



Cold weather isn't all bad. With the leaves gone from most the big trees around the house, my favorite sun puddle is bigger than ever. Come to think of it, today is the perfect day for a little nap in the sun.

Sweet Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment