Friday, January 15, 2010

Our Lucky Day

Daddy cracks me up. No matter the season he doesn't like to get too hot or too cold. This time of year he dresses in layers he can take off when he's hot or put back on if he's cold.

The colder it gets the more layers he wears. Last week when it was really cold I almost exploded waiting for him to dress to take me out. He put on clothes like he was about to cross the Alps on foot. I have no idea why. When we finally got outside he never left the porch.

Today it's beautiful outside. Dressed for much colder weather, Daddy took us for a walk. We walked for a long time, long enough to come dangerously close to running out of layers. I love Daddy and see him naked all the time. Trust me, you don't want him running out of layers.

The sweatshirt came off almost as soon as we left the house. He rolled his shirt sleeves up before we got to the end of the street and ditched the shirt after a few more blocks. Thirty minutes later he walked out of his sweatpants like Charlize Theron in that Dior ad you see on TV.

By the time I knew where we were, only a sweaty cotton t-shirt and nylon gym shorts stood between Daddy and indecent exposure charges. It was going to be close. I started walking faster.

Finally I could see the house. Then I saw sweat breaking out on Daddy's forehead. I picked up the pace and prayed none of the neighbors were home.

This time we were lucky. We made it home with the last layer still in place. I hope our luck holds out for the rest of the winter. You should, too.

Chi-ao!

No comments:

Post a Comment