Sunday, January 31, 2010

Duties and Responsibilities

Next week I'll be nine months old. I'm a big girl now. Well, big really isn't in the cards for me. At 4 1/2 pounds, I'm about as big as I'm going to get.

I can't just play all day like I did as a puppy. Nope. Now I have duties and responsibilities. I need to be good and do my job all the time. It's a lot to ask from a dog--even a gifted chihuahua like me.

Duties and responsibilities keep me very busy. Tico takes care of Anneedabus and I take care of Daddy. Tico was here before me so he got to pick first. You think I got the dirty end of the stick. I would have picked Daddy anyway--I like a challenge.

Our day starts early. To stay on schedule I wake Daddy up while it's still dark out. Anneedabus usually gets up, too. Tico sleeps in for another hour or two every morning. And he says I'm spoiled...

Not me. I have to tend to Daddy. Once I get him settled on the couch in front of the television with his paper and coffee he's good until Tico gets up. Even though it's really Tico's job, I play with Anneedabus for a little while, too. I don't mind because he gives me treats.

After Daddy reads the paper we do our chores. We clean up the kitchen, make the bed, pick up the living room and open all the blinds. Daddy puts all our toys in the basket. I make sure none are missing then spread them around so we can play with them again.

Once chores are done it's time to get Daddy ready for work. I inspect the bathroom and stand guard while he takes a shower. I have a perfect record. Daddy hasn't been mugged, raped, robbed, or attacked by wild animals since I started looking after him.

Once Daddy goes to work I can relax and grab a bite to eat. When he gets back home the work really starts. I'll have to tell you about it later. Right now it's time for a nap. I need all the rest I can get.

Chi-ao!

No comments:

Post a Comment