Friday, August 28, 2009

The Dog Park

The daddies take me and Tico for a walk most evenings. Tico loves to go for walks. Sometimes I like going, and other times I'm just not in the mood.

Last night I was not in the mood for a walk, but Daddy made me go anyway. At least the cats left us alone. The other night one of them tried to grab me! She probably would have eaten me if Daddy hadn't picked me up when he did.

We stopped at the Dog Park on our walk last night. Tico said he used to go to the Dog Park almost every day but it was my first time. Thank God we had our own private play area. There were big dogs barking really loud and chasing each other in the public area. It was so scary that I squealed and ran to Daddy for him to pick me up.

Tico went up to the fence and talked to some of the big dogs. Not me. I bristled and barked at them so they would stay away. Everybody laughed because all the big dogs were so afraid of me. I may only weigh three pounds, but I know how to take care of myself.

When we got home, Anneedabus hurt me on purpose! He cut one of my toenails off, too. I was shocked! I ran and hid behind Daddy and watched Anneedabus to make sure he wasn't going to come and hurt me again. He told me he was sorry, and I forgave him right away. But to teach him a lesson I didn't play with him again until this morning. It was hard, but if you let them get by with this kind of stuff you'll never get them trained.

No comments:

Post a Comment