Thursday, February 4, 2010

Our Busy Week

I can't believe it's almost the weekend again. I've been busier than a ground hog. This week just flew by.

Jesse came to visit Monday. Ennis didn't get to come because he's too big for car rides. I love Jesse and was really glad to see him. I got so excited...well...I wet myself.

Daddy had to give me a bath before I could visit. Had it been anyone else I would have died of embarrassment. Fortunately, I've known Jesse my whole life. If anything happens to Daddy and Anneedabus, me and Tico get to live with him.

Tuesday I went to the Collegiate 4-H meeting with Daddy. He's working with them on a big project for the next year. Daddy wanted to meet them and thought they would like him more if he brought me along.

Daddy stood up and talked during the meeting. I really thought the situation called for something more interactive. But no matter how much I wiggled and squirmed Daddy wouldn't put me down. Fortunately he only talked for a few minutes. I don't know what they think about him, but they loved me.

Yesterday I went to the doctor. He acts like he's my friend and then stabs me in the back. This time all he did was poke something in my ear and squirt stuff in my nose.

I did get some bad news. I'm up to 4.7 pounds. I carry the weight well so I'm not going to panic. Besides, collar and tags contribute to that total. The doctor did have good news. He said I was in perfect health--my pancreas is fine.

Today the excitement came to us. We were walking around the yard with Daddy after work. He was looking for signs of spring while me and Tico searched for gifts from cats and rabbits.

All of a sudden a wolf came rushing at us out of nowhere! Tico bristled up bigger than I've ever seen and chased the wolf out of our yard. I bristled up, too but stayed back to protect Daddy, just in case the wolf got the better of Tico.

I patrolled the perimeter with Tico to make sure the wolf didn't come back. A man looking for his lost dog walked by. Sure hope he finds it. Would be awful for the wolf to get it...

Chi-ao!

No comments:

Post a Comment