Friday, March 19, 2010

Biting Back at the Bad Economy

Daddy says we need to go on a budget because of the bad economy. I don't know any economy, but wish it would be good. I'm a good girl all the time. Even Anneedabus says so. I'm tired of getting punished for stuff I didn't do.

You know me. Even though I had nothing to do with the bad economy, I will do everything I can to help. Tico and I sat down together earlier today to chew over our options. We came up with several money-saving tips.

Nothing makes my creative juices flow like a good chew. Most of the ideas are mine. Frankly, Tico with a chew-stick and that one-track mind of his really wasn't much help. Here are our suggestions to help Daddy and Anneedabus save money.

1) Stop taking me and Tico to the doctor. He just hurts us or makes us sick. If we didn't go to the doctor we'd never need one.

2) Sell all our dog clothes. Being the selfless, generous animal Daddy raised me to be, I'm willing to part with my entire wardrobe. That's right, all of it, especially including my fancy dresses.

3) Feed Tico once a day instead of twice. He's way too big, anyway. Feeding him less often will help him lose weight and our bag of food will last a lot longer.

4) Stop giving Tico treats. See #3. Besides, he's all grown up now and doesn't need them--especially Puparonis. He gets plenty of treats in the yard.

5) Quit replacing Tico's sheep. I can rip a new one to pieces in a matter of hours now. Why throw good money after bad?

You can only cut so much. At some point you need to talk about increasing revenue. My last suggestion is to rent Tico out to people who don't have a dog. It's a shame he's neutered.

The income and savings from our suggestions adds up. I hope it's enough to make a difference. I'd really miss Tico if we had to become a one-dog family.

Chi-ao!

No comments:

Post a Comment