Thursday, March 25, 2010

Tico Gets Hosed

Except for a short time when I was young, it's been cold outside for most of my life. Lately, the weather has been quite nice. We get to play outside more in good weather. I'd forgotten how good it feels to stretch out in the sun on the sidewalk.

The dog park has never looked so pretty. The flowers Daddy planted last year look great. Tico and I have been digging holes for more flowers. Daddy will be so happy when he finds out!
If we're outside Tico wants to play Fetch. He'll sit for hours waiting for someone to throw his orange ball for him. I'm sending the picture below to Sarah McLachlan. It's so sad she can send it to people who give money to get animals out of shelters.
As with all our toys, I'm not allowed to play with the orange ball. I have my own ball--unless Tico wants it. I enjoy a good game of Fetch as much as any dog. I am just not obsessed with it like Tico. He would ride in a short bus if he ever went to school.
He got us both in trouble a few days ago. We were walking through the garden outside the dog park with Daddy when Tico hit the jackpot. He found cat treats in this weed we both love to roll in. I saw him rolling away and ran over to join him.

By the time I got there Tico was covered in a delicious mixture of cat treats and our favorite weed. But I barely got my nose in it before Daddy snatched me up. Anneedabus picked Tico up, too, then coughed and retched while he carried him up to the dog park.

Next thing I knew Daddy was giving me another bath. I just had a bath not even two weeks ago. Hate the bath but love being blown-out afterward. I heard Anneedabus tell Daddy he had to hose Tico down before giving him a bath. Not sure what that means and hope I never find out.

Chi-ao!

No comments:

Post a Comment