Sunday, March 7, 2010

Daddy Runs Away from Home

You haven't heard from me because I've been too upset to visit with you. Daddy disappeared. I've been just beside myself with worry.

The day Daddy left started just like any other. Yeah, he made a few extra trips to the car with stuff. But he's done that before. I didn't give it another thought.

Right before he left we played Million Kisses--the very first game he taught me. We still play Million Kisses before we go to sleep at night or when we lay down together for a nap. We never play Million Kisses before I kennel up so I should have known something was up.

When Daddy didn't come home for food I knew something was wrong. Daddy is always here for food. Always. I checked all his usual spots hundreds of times to see if maybe he'd slipped in without me noticing. Nope. Daddy was gone.

I slept without Daddy for the first time in my life. Or tried. I tossed and turned so much Anneedabus put me in my kennel. I was too upset to care.

Days passed and still no Daddy. Tico and Anneedabus tried to cheer me up. They played with me and took me on walks with them. It helped, as did the beautiful weather we've had ever since he left.

I was trying to enjoy the sun while Tico and Anneedabus played fetch in our dog park when I heard the garage door go up. I ran around to the gate just in time to see Daddy's car pull into the driveway. I've never been so excited in my whole life!

Then I heard him calling TooToo!! I ran to him as fast as I could. He swept me up in his arms and we played the best game of Million Kisses ever! I didn't even care when Daddy picked Tico up so he could play, too.

But I'm the one he carried around with him for the rest of the day. And he's the one I'm not letting out of my sight ever again. I'm so glad he didn't run away.

Chiao!

No comments:

Post a Comment