Sunday, February 28, 2010

Our Typical Week

People say seven days make a week.  Honestly it's not that complicated. They must be confusing dog years with days of the week.  Everybody knows a week only has two days:  Kennel-Up-Day and The-Weekend. 

We all get up get up early on Kennel-Up-Day because Anneedabus and Daddy have to go to work.  Daddy sucks down a pot of coffee while he reads the newspaper, reviews our blog statistics, cusses at the TV news, and checks Facebook and his e-mail accounts.  I used to sit in his lap and watch but now I enjoy some quality time with Anneedabus before he goes to work.  He gets lonely since Tico always sleeps in.

The morning flies by.  Before you know it me and Tico have to kennel up.  I don't mind.  Daddy usually gives us good treats.  Besides, he's only gone for 15 minutes.  I've never timed him but I know he wouldn't lie.  

I sleep like a baby in my kennel.  Sleeping with Daddy is great but all his tossing and turning and getting up and down makes it hard to get much sleep.  I'm not complaining, just saying I have reason to appreciate a nice nap.  

Tico and I agree, The-Weekend is the best day of the week.  For starters we usually sleep late.  A few times we didn't get up until after the sun came up!

Anneedabus makes breakfast on The-Weekend.  Sometimes he makes scrambled eggs for me and Tico.  Scrambled eggs are my favorite people food but I also like cheese, green beans, peas, carrots and sweet potato french fries.  Just don't give me any blueberries.  Blech!

After breakfast we play with Anneedabus and Daddy.  When we're not playing, we take naps or long walks.  Today I helped Daddy pull weeds.  Daddy doesn't need to know I merely pretended to pull weeds while I kept an eye out for trouble.  You can't be too careful.  I don't know what I'd do if anything ever happened to him--especially on my watch.

All that hard work has made me sleepy.  I think I'll take a nap.  Just a quick one...no more than 15 minutes.


Chi-ao!

No comments:

Post a Comment