Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A Little Night Life...

Bed time is my favorite part of the day. I can always tell when it's getting close to bed time. One of the daddies fills the time-to-wake-up noisemaker with water and gravel. Then they make it dark, rattle all the doors, and head for the water room.

Daddy stands in front of the mirror in the water room for a really long time. He plays with water, string, brushes, tubes, and bottles. I make him pick me up. I have to yelp to get him to do it most of the time but he's learning. I don't know how he expects me to see what's going on from all the way down on the floor. I can see MUCH better when he's holding me. For example, I've noticed he plays with his toys in the same order every night. Once he spits, it's time for bed.

Daddy sleeps on his side. After he gets settled in, I kiss him all over his face to thank him again for saving me from fleas, multiple pregnancies, and having to answer to Little Gizmo. He gives me my very own private chew stick for a few minutes of chew time before we go to sleep. It's the only chew stick I've ever had that Tico didn't take away from me.

I wake Daddy up so he can take me outside to do my business. Sometimes Tico comes with us but usually it's just us. It's really dark and scary out, so I do what I have to do as fast as I can and run back to Daddy.

When we get back inside, I run to the water room to wait for Daddy to come in and sit down. Sometimes he stays for a long time. I make him pick me up so I can go back to sleep. Sometimes I wake up when we get back in the bed, sometimes I don't.

The other night I heard an explosion. It was so loud it made me jump. I barked, and then kept growling for a few minutes to make sure everything was ok. Sometimes I hear animals outside. I always bark. I figured out Daddy doesn't really hear so well. He's slow too. I have to let him catch me when we play chase me. That's OK. I love him anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment