Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Last Minute Shopping

Nothing like waiting until the last minute to do your Christmas shopping. Daddy took me to the mall but they wouldn't let me in. Can you believe it? I work for my money just like anybody else. You'd think I had fleas or something.

We ended up at a big pet store. The smell was overwhelming--it was hard to make sense of the scents. My paws just wouldn't move. Daddy had to drag me in the door until he finally figured out to carry me.

Even in his arms, we barely got inside before a saleslady attacked. She said I was so cute she just had to hold me. I don't think so! I should have bitten her. But being a refined southern chihuahua, I just acted like she didn't exist. I think she got the message. Call me old fashioned but without a formal introduction a lady simply doesn't talk to strangers.

With Daddy holding me I could check things out without worrying about anyone stepping on me or anything. We saw birds, lizards, snakes and fish. Birds would be fun, especially if they couldn't fly away. Ferrets, guinea pigs, gerbils, mice, and hamsters could be fun, too. You can even get cats and rabbits to make your own treats all the time!

They had puppies, too, all different kinds. We saw a giant chihuahua puppy bigger than me and Tico put together. I hope all the puppies find homes. It would be awful if they had to spend Christmas alone in a cage at the pet store.

We looked at dog clothes. I really liked this classy little black dress. It had a red-trimmed Nehru collar and a gorgeous red silk sash. Did Daddy buy it? Nope. Whoever said all gay men have good taste never met Daddy. Wait until you see the vinyl bomber jacket he picked up for me. It's hideous. I'm sure he'll strap it on and make me pose for pictures sooner or later.

We found a brand new sheep for Tico exactly like the one I tore up. I threw in a couple of extra surprises just to let him know how sorry I am. If he tore up my squirrelly I don't know what I would do. On the other hand, if he happened to tear up a certain vinyl bomber jacket....I might be persuaded to let this sheep keep its head.

Maybe. No promises.

Chi-ao!

No comments:

Post a Comment