Thursday, December 17, 2009

Our Day at the Office

Tico and I went to work with Daddy yesterday. You really have to be a good dog to go to work with Daddy. I get to go all the time because I am such a good girl. Tico has come with us once before, but only to run in to say hello to everyone. Yesterday we both got to go.

Daddy was supposed to bring the camera. He wanted some pictures of us playing in his newly renovated office but forget the camera. Just as well. We all know photography isn't his strong suit. When I'm famous and the money starts rolling in, we're hiring a real photographer I know up in Flemingsburg, Kentucky.

Tico and I have known the people at Daddy's office since we were babies and love them like family. Everyone is just crazy about us. Well, almost everyone. One lady is afraid we'll do our business on the new carpet. She must think we grew up in a barn or something. Tico wanted to pee on her leg. I reminded him such things were simply not done by us southern chihuahuas.

After making our rounds and saying hi to everyone, we finally got to see Daddy's newly renovated office. Nice, but not nearly as interesting as before. A dog could spend a lifetime sorting through all the smells in the old carpet. Now all I smell is new carpet, fresh paint, and Daddy.

Daddy put the baby gate up to keep Tico from wandering off and gave each of us a new chew stick. Then we settled down to do some work. I laid under Daddy's desk and worked on my chew stick. Tico positioned himself with his so he could keep an eye on the door and the people passing by.

Visitors popped in and out all afternoon. Time flies when you're having fun at work. By the time we finished our chew sticks it was time to go home. I hope we go again soon. And next time, I'm not working for anything less than two chew sticks.

Chi-ao!

No comments:

Post a Comment