Saturday, October 31, 2009

Damaged Goods

I've had the worst few days of my entire life. It started a few nights ago when Daddy took my food away before we went to bed. I was starving! At least he let me sleep with him all night.

There wasn't any food when I woke up either. Daddy got cleaned up and put shoes on before Anneedabus went to work for the first time in a long time. When he told me we were going for a car ride, something about the way he said it made me think we weren't going to work. I tried to run away but they caught me.

We ended up at the doctor. Sometimes the doctor is mean to me. He was nice last time so I was hoping for the best.

The lady at the desk was very nice. She played with me and scratched my ears while Daddy did paperwork. After that things went south fast. Daddy left without me!

Next thing I knew, a mob of strangers were talking to me. One of them grabbed me and shaved the hair off my front leg. I was terrified. What were these people going to do to me? Where is my Daddy?

I don't really know what happened after that. It's all foggy. I was in and out with just Squirrelly to keep me company. I'm not sure how long it was before I heard Daddy talking to the lady at the desk. When they opened my cage I knew he was taking me back home.

You should see what they did to me. They shaved me from my tail to my chest, sliced me open, and sewed on me like I was a dress or something. I hurt all over, sometimes so much it makes me cry, and I can't get comfortable.



See what they did? Daddy said I'll never be a baby momma. I'm a little upset about it. I love him more than anything in the world but I really don't think this was his decision to make. Oh well...no use crying over spilled milk. Now I can focus on my career.

Daddy has been awfully good to me since we got home. He fed me scrambled eggs for breakfast and boiled chicken for lunch. Yeah, Anneedabus cooked it for him. Daddy has had me in his lap or by his side since we got home yesterday. Good thing. I'm not letting him out of my sight again.

2 comments:

  1. Poor Toodles, but he did it for your own good! Just don't gnaw at your stitches or the doctor will put a satellite dish around your head! Just chill and enjoy your lap time and cheer for that ugly bulldog. Oh, and be sure to milk this recovery period for all it's worth.
    Love,
    Aunt Joni

    ReplyDelete