Thursday, October 29, 2009

King of the house for a day

Usually Toodles does all the talking. Y'all know she loves to talk, especially if it's about her. But today I'm having to fill in. Toodles is gone.

We got to sleep with the daddies last night even though it wasn't the weekend. We both knew something was up. Daddy put our food up before we went to bed last night, too. Very strange.

This morning Gray-Haired-Daddy got all cleaned up and put on shoes before Daddy left for work. When he said we were going for a car ride, I got all excited. But he said I had to stay. Toodles tried to run away from him. She hasn't learned, and won't the way they let her get by with stuff. They finally caught her. Then GHD took her away. Daddy put me in my crate and went to work. I really didn't think much about it until GHD came back without her.

At first I was glad. Like any little sister Toodles can be a pest. Everything is a fight with her. She's always tearing up my toys, eating my food, taking my chew sticks, and getting all up in my face. She wants whatever I've got. Sometimes she makes me so mad I bite her. And if you know me you know it takes a LOT to get me that mad.

She's too dumb to play Fetch and doesn't know any tricks. When she and Gray Haired Daddy go with us on walks, we don't go far at all and they whine every step of the way. You should see her at the dog park. Toodles is a rude, spoiled, stuck-up little bitch. She won't say hello to any of the people, screams if a dog comes anywhere near her, and spends the entire time shivering like it's the end of the world. Always the drama queen, that one.

OK I admit Toodles has her good qualities. Nobody likes to play games with me as much as she does. Took her a while to catch on to some of the more complicated games, like Chase Me and I Dare You. But now she's good enough for me to be glad I've got three pounds on her. We have a blast running around outside together. And I have to admit, the way she chases me when we're playing Fetch cracks me up.

Sure is quiet around here without her. Kind of boring. Like it was... well... before she got here. I miss her. I hope she comes back.

1 comment:

  1. Tico -- Im a little sister, so I know that little sisters always get away with murder...sorry...

    ReplyDelete