Sunday, October 11, 2009

Taking Care of Daddy

Daddy worked on our dog park all weekend. He's trying to make it as nice as Ennis's dog park. He's got a long way to go if you ask me.

Daddy lets me help when he works outside. I keep an eye out for squirrels, birds, and monsters. I hear monsters all the time, especially when I go out at night. So far I haven't seen any but I know they are out there...watching me.

I'm really good at digging holes. Apparently not good enough. Every time I start digging Daddy yells at me. Geez! Try to help a guy out and he puts you inside.

Daddy also puts me inside when I get on his nerves. I don't know what that is, but I need to find out. If I stayed off the nerves I could stay outside longer.

I hate being inside when Daddy is outside. Even in my sun puddle there ain't no sunshine when he's gone. Me and squirrely watch him through the door and wait for him to come back in to play with us. Today we waited a really long time.


When he finally did come in, Daddy was soaking wet, muddy, and in need of a bath. He got all wet and soapy. I helped him dry off and cleaned all the soap off real good, especially behind his ears. Then we settled down together on the couch for a little nap.



I like any story that ends in a nap with Daddy!

1 comment:

  1. In 'dog years' little Toodles had to wait days?!? While Daddy was outside havin fun?

    ReplyDelete